Wednesday, February 27, 2008

At Work Today

I donated blood today and as those of you who have donated or tried to donate before, knows that you have to fill out questions and one of those question is for male only; asked if you have had sex with another male. So that got me thinking does that mean WHEN I start to having sex with men I can no longer give blood, how fucked up is that and also how awkward would that be if they ask when was the last time you had sex with a man or something like that...lol.

Then later in the day we had a guy, that was SOOO freakin hot, come to present some things (he stetted up a booth and had info) . I could not stop staring he had blond hair, blues eyes, tall, built, just soo hot. And even though he was wearing a shirt and tie (which made him look even hotter) you can tell he works out; he had nice arms, shoulders, pecs etc... I tried my best to look at his name tag and found out his name was Craig, but could not see his last name. I didn't want to stare to much because I know he caught me looking a little to long a few times and gave me a slight smile. (yeah I know wishful thinking...lol) But later I found out that he usually comes once a month so I can't wait for next month.

5 comments:

dit said...

Yes, unless the "rules": has changed. They will not accept your blood. I am no expert, but I believe it started as a way to combat AIDS.

Oh how fun for you. I work in an office where there is no one that is remotely attractive or has anything remotely interesting to say. I love walk-by or lunch time crushes.

Alex said...

I enjoyed donating blood regularly... until I came out to people. I still qualify according to the rules, and donated a couple of times after being out, but it really made me uncomfortable. It's a shame really. The shortage of blood supply and the FDA still clings to an outdated rule.

dickophile said...

when guys smile youre not supposed to stop looking. you look even more and try to get their number! try that next month. then next time you go to give blood everyone will know you've been getting some!

GuyDads said...

The FDA still enforces an anti-gay blood policy that is ridiculous. I know gay men that lie on the blood bank’s questionnaire because they believe in giving blood. I am sure there are promiscuous, straight men and women that don’t practice safe-sex that give blood too. The current policy is not based on science. It is based on hated, fear and disgust of gay men.

This is not the first time fear and hated played a part in blood policy: Dr. Charles Richard Drew (1904-1950) was an African-American physician and medical researcher. His research was in the field of blood transfusions, blood storage, and developing large-scale blood banks early in World War II. He protested against the practice of racial segregation in the donation of blood from donors of different races since it lacked scientific foundation.
In 1941 Dr Drew was chosen to lead the American Red Cross blood bank program. However, a War Department directive stated that, "It is not advisable to indiscriminately mix Caucasian and Negro blood for use in blood transfusions for the U.S. Military". Dr Drew protested against this blood segregation, which has no basis in scientific fact, and as a result was forced to resign his position. The United States Military did not end segregation of its blood supplies until 1949. Politics and bigotry of blood still continues today.

Anonymous said...

Hi my friend! I wish to say that this [url=http://www.www.saclongchamppascher-fr.eu/sac-en-bandouli%C3%A8re-longchamp-c-7.html]Sac En Bandoulière Longchamp[/url] article is amazing, nice written and come with almost all significant infos. Porte Monnai Sac Longchamp [url=http://www.www.saclongchamppascher-fr.eu/sac-double-portable-longchamp-c-6.html]Sac Double Portable Longchamp[/url] , I??d like to look extra posts like this .