Saturday, September 15, 2007

RIP

A few months ago I posted about my friends mom, who was very sick and in the hospice. Well he just called my right now to tell me that she passed away on Wednesday night. And I don't know how to feel right now. We all knew it was coming and will only be a matter of time, in away I am kind of happy that she has pass and is now free of pain and suffering. She was in SOO much pain and you can totally see it. Even though she was unable to communciate with us you can tell that she was in a lot of pain.

With that said I don't know what to do or say or feel right now, I've never had someone close to me pass away before (thank god). Of all my friends parents I was the closest with her. The viewing is going to be tomorrow and the funeral is on Monday. I've NEVER been to a viewing and funeral before and I don't know why but I am a little scared, I don't know what to do. Should I bring something to either and what should I wear, I don't want to wear anything inappropriate and disrespectful but at the same time I don't want to be over dress. (sorry I know its not appropriate to talk about what to wear right now, but I needed something to get my mind off it)

4 comments:

Matt in Argyle said...

Its never nice to lose someone. With some of my family members who have passed on it always seemed liked a mixed blessing. On the one hand you don't want to lose them, and on the other you never want to see someone suffer.

I won't lie, going to funerals, especially if you knew the person fairly well is never easy. It brings back a lot of emotion and memories, I would suggest bringing tissues.

Mike said...

It is natural to feel happy or sad after someone dies. Happy to know that their suffering has ended, but sad to see them gone. Like Matt said going to funerals is hard, but it is basically a memorial and look back at a person's life, so that is nice.

Hope it goes well!

Anonymous said...

If it's not too late, bring a small inexpensive flower bouquet. A recent graduate looking for work is not expected to bring anything, so even a small token would really stand out. Of course, most important is your presense and being there for your friend especially the next few days.

Pete said...

My condolences. Funerals are generally awful but well, things get more relaxed during the dinner afterwards. It's like life resumes again.