Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A new smell...

After I got out of work tonight, I decided to go to Macy's to look around to see if there was anything good on sale. When I happen to walk by the men fragrances counter and since I have been wanting to get a new cologne, this was perfect. I need a new smell because I'm getting tired with the one I use. So after circling the counters a few times I was finally able to narrow my choices down to 5.

They are: Acqua Di Gio (Thanks K), Kenneth Cole Reaction, Kenneth Cole Black, Nautica Voyage and Guess Man. I like them all so which one do you guys recommend I should get?

Oh while I was circling the counters. I walked by these two ladies and one of them said to her friend "Oh smell him, he smells good" they both look at me, I just laugh and smile back. Then she turns back to her friend and says "Go smell him, I don't know what he's wearing but when he walked by it smelled really fresh." The funny thing is I wasn't wearing any cologne...lol

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a huge fan of Black! It smells great on anyone!

Pete said...

Have you tried Hugo? It's quite fresh and not that overpowering.

Mr. X said...

lol! funny story!

anyway, i recommend kenneth cole reaction, but i'm a little biased because that's the one i actually use.
i like it because it isn't overwhelming, but light and citrusy.
i've gotten compliments on it too.

i just looked this up...it has notes of green apple, watermelon, and sandalwood.
hope this helps.
let us know what you end up choosing!

J.R. said...

Of those choices, I like Reaction.

My personal favorite right now is Paul Smith's Extreme, but I also use: CK One, Lacoste Style In Play, Alfred Sung's Paradise, Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte, and Tommy (old school, baby!)

I love cologne. Sometimes I do one squirt of each before I go out!! HAHAHA. Kidding, KIDDING!!!!!

Nothing Golden Stays

Anonymous said...

Acqua Di Gio is my recommendation. I've been wearing it for 5 years. As a result, I can't even smell it myself anymore, but I remember it was lovely. I first noticed it on a hot intern at my old job, and decided to just ask him what he was wearing. Surprisingly I was unembarrassed to ask, because I wanted to know THAT badly!

Anonymous said...

what happened to Calvin Klein.... Euphoria and Crave!

I do have to try out the scents of those... definitely.

K said...

Acqua Di Gio...because I said so!

Ummm, I also kinda like Abercrombie Fierce.....and it is really cheap too. Only prob with that one is that it is REALLY FIERCE....it's kinda strong....but sometimes I am in the mood for it.

Troystopher said...

I used to wear Nautica Voyage...

But now I wear Very Irresistible by Givenchy.

Thirty3 Naked Laydies said...

i wont lie. i've never smelt the other scents b4, but Acqua Di Gio is one of my fav! It's a soft scnet. And guys and gals are always attracted. Check out Hugo Boss and Paco Rabbane's scent in the hunter green bottle. THAT is a sure fire win! Comme d'Garcon's White is another great spicy-lemonish hit. Sniff around (pun intended) and see what scents match best your your skin and taste.

Matt in Argyle said...

I wish I could offer some advice, but I actually just used this post to educate myself. I know nothing (well until now) about mens fragrances.