Thursday, October 11, 2007

Manly

Yesterday after I got out of work I headed over to my cousin’s house to help him remove his driveway. When I got there he and a buddy of his were hacking away at the concrete using a jackhammer and sledgehammer. So I jumped right in and started loading the broken pieces into a wheel barrel so I can take it to the rock bin that my cousin had rented. During one of my numerous trips back and forth to the rock bin, while going up the ramp it popped up, so I ran right into the end of the ramp and hit my shin. Right after it happen when I run my hand along my shin I could feel the dip where the wood met my leg, it felt pretty weird.

After a while of doing that my cousin friend asked if I wanted to try the sledgehammer since he needed a little break from that. So I agreed to take over the job, it took me a few try’s before I got the hang of it, but once I did it was fun. I don’t know what it was but using a 16 pound sledgehammer to break up concrete felt pretty damn good (it made me feel so manly…lol) and was also great workout. But now I am so sore.

4 comments:

K said...

LOL..ur so butch!

W said...

Do you guys remember Kevin's butch moment from last episodes B&S? It was so funny, his line " The butches moment of my life wasted on my sister's window."

I am such a klutz, I would have probably drilled a hole into my foot had I been in your position. Thank God! I am not going to be a suregon anymore. Well, I am not thaaaaat bad at labs and disections and such.

Anonymous said...

Beating something with a big hammer is great stress relief.
I remember a few years ago, a friend told me that I could deal with my work related stress by going to a car wrecking yard and just beating the crap out of vehicles that were going to be compacted anyway.

I never went, but I did get an opportunity to help demolish a cement patio. I think I looked like the guy in your picture, only with a shirt on and less hot ;-)

dit said...

Now that is BUTCH! Sorry you hurt your leg.